Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Monday, June 4, 2012

A Surprising Weekend

Starting with the flight bump in Amsterdam, this weekend has turned out to be full of surprises.  Coming to the new house on Saturday afternoon was a huge blessing.  Mom's heart was pumping for over a half an hour, and Dad was both happy and sad about seeing me come home.  I was just so glad to be there.  Richard had convinced most of my family to gather together on Saturday, and after a quick phone call on route- it was quickly determined that all of us would be there.  Wow!!  My whole family... that equals an opportunity to take a family portrait. 
Sunday I went to church in the morning, and I was able to greet the church... and if any Ugandans are reading my posts - I sent your greetings to the church in Canada and they are sending them back.  In the afternoon I was hanging out with my parents and enjoying some quiet time.  For whatever reason, I was checking my on-line banking accounts and noticed that at least 5 withdrawals happened on my account while I was in Holland and en route.  What!!  Money is disappearing from my account.  So last night I had to call the bank and cancel the card.
This morning Dad and I drove all around the new town, getting all my paperwork caught up.  First stop - the bank, to find out where my money is.... and sad to say, it is coming out of the only bank machine I use in Soroti, Uganda.  From the bank we went to the police station to report the occurrences... not sure what good it will do, but at least it's recorded.  Then to Ontario Services - where I got my license and health card changed to the new address.  And much more... and yet another phone call to the airline.  What do you think?  Am I going to get my baggage back?  So curious.
I think jet lag might be settling in now... so I'm signing off for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment