Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chalbi Desert

Here is a glimpse into my journey into Northern Kenya...
 
 Sitting comfy on a tiny aircraft, flying out of Niarobi
 Fields of tea
 The landscape was getting drier... on the left side of the plane was a foggy, snow-capped Mt Kenya... I just couldn't get a good pictures!
 Gorgeous hills!
 Sandy regions
 The airport in Marsabit... yes... just a gravel runway with a shade shelter and a pit latrine.
Driving to Kalachi, in the Chalbi Desert at night.  Pure sand and salt.
I don't have much to say right now... I am completely relaxing with my Andersen friends... I have done nothing but hang out with them!!  This break is so greatly needed.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time Karebear! See you when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I came across your blog searching for pictures to use in my English class (I'm from the US and teach English in Korea). I rarely post comments on others blogs, but I just say you have inspired me and let me know that there are still people out there who are good people trying to do God's work. I am (We are) constantly bombarded from all angles, with messages of hate, racism, greed, prejudice, self-righteousness and materialism. I was feeling a little depressed after coming across some information about people feel that certain people should be "eradicated from the planet", I was thinking "what kind of person thinks this way?", are there any other decent people out there? You are one of those people. Keep up the good work and may God bless you in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, thank you so much for your encouragement. I am trying to live one day at a time to the glory of God... may you find peace and joy in the work that you also do.

      Delete