Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, December 16, 2012

Traditional Wedding in Katakwi

I totally forgot to share pictures from the traditional wedding I went to in Katakwi.  I was invited to attend the wedding of my Ugandan parents.  It was a little strange to see them get wedded after 19 years of marriage.  They got married in a church 19 years ago, but George never paid the bride price to the family, so we had to go for the day to bring a love offering of cows, goats, and shillings to the bride Cathy's family.
Here I am with my baby sister, Chose, and the pastors who were going to officiate.
Many people traveled from far to come to the village wedding.
The groom showed up in style.
With the entrance fee paid, people flocked onto the bride's family property.

Praying together
Offering the gifts for the bride and her family to accept.
At the end of the day they are still together!!  May God bless their marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment