Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year's Day Night

After spending an eventful day with my clan - a day full of cooking chickens and sharing a time of prayer - I was ready for bed.  I headed for bed at 10:30 pm, but was concerned about sleeping in my room because it still had a thick scent of BOP (like Raid) wafting through the air.  Earlier that day I had sprayed some pesky termites in the room and thought all would be well by evening. 
After an hour and a half of sleeping I woke up coughing and had a runny nose.  The odor (and probably poison) was too much for me to handle.
I thought I should skype my family back home (while they were having a New Year's Day party) while I set up a bed in the living room.  I grabbed a mattress for the spare room and after a wonderful skype call I crawled back into bed.  It is now 12:45 am.  I needed to finish a novel to clear my thoughts of home... especially after one aunt asked if she could come and visit.  I was imagining all the wonderful things we could do together.  I've never had a visitor from home, so it would be a grand adventure.  Then I realized I couldn't sleep, and I needed Bones, my teddy bear to cuddle.  When I tried to get back into my bedroom the door wouldn't open.  That has never happened before, but just realized that I have never closed the door from the outside before.  So at 1:15 am I am fiddling with tools and taking apart the whole handle so I can get back into my room.  I finally get Bones and crawl back into my temporary bed.
I am almost asleep when a mosquito buzzes around my ears.  I hate mosquitoes and knowing that it might carry the malaria virus I had to get up again and set up a mosquito net tent.  Why didn't I do that in the first place?  Ai Yi Yi.
2:30 am and I finally start to fall asleep peacefully.  Oh, Happy New Year!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment