Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Airline Encouragement

After returning to Uganda, I checked my airline card to see if the miles for flying were updated.  Half of the trip showed up on the summary - the part from Toronto back to Entebbe, but the first half was missing.  I decided to call Customer Service and see if I could get my account updated and the miles or points collected.

I was quick to explain my situation and at first the lady on the other end of the line told me that I had to finish my travels before the points could be awarded.  I explained that I had completed my travels.  I live in Uganda... so I started from here and finished here.  She finally understood, but then she changed tones.  What?  You live in Uganda?  What do you do there?

After describing that I am a missionary, and participating in training teachers, as well as, doing music and children's ministry she asked if I had a website for the mission agency I serve with.  I told her that since she had my email address on file, she should send me a personal email and I would send her the info. 

Well, since then I have received two emails and I am gently encouraged.  That is one customer service phone call that has been a shocking source of simple delight for me.  Here is her latest response:

I read your email Friday and checked out your blog as well. Meant to let you know, but been really busy. 
It was a pleasure speaking with you as well and then to see your ministry opportunities.  Having worked in Christian schools for over twenty years, it is such a joy to see young people such as yourself following the call of God for their lives and affecting the eternity of others. 
May the Lord bless you abundantly,
 
God's treasures are everywhere and I'm thankful for this airline lady today!

1 comment: