Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Cathedral... a full Day of Worship

Saturday afternoon was our final day of practise for our long day of worship on Sunday.  Oil of Gladness was called to lead the music for four services... 6am - Holy Communion, 9 am - Lugandan Language, 10am - Teso Language, 11:30 am - English service.  That was a full plan at the local Anglican church here in town.
At first I was excited... we were going to practise at 2pm... so I started getting the song books and equipment ready and headed over to the Cathedral.  Of course there were no sound guys and another group was meeting in the church, and band members weren't showing up... so time started dragging.  By 6:45pm the crew was finally there... equipment and sounds set up and all the singers present, but my mind was not in a good place.  I went and sat at the back of the sanctuary and spent time in prayer.  I asked the Lord to forgive me for being impatient and culturally insensitive.  I prayed that God would give me peace, energy, and joy to sing for yet a few more hours before heading home to sleep.
By 6 am I was back at the Cathedral and ready to worship God in a brand new way!!
I love worshipping with OG and I am so proud of the band... we not only sang, but some led in intercessory prayers and two of the guys preached as well.  The whole morning was about worship.
 Sam is leading the church in prayers.
 Moses is sharing God's powerful Word with the congregation.
During the fourth service, I read all the Bible passages throughout Moses' time of preaching.  I really felt like a Miriam, doing ministry with her brother.  :)
 Holy Communion
 The Vicar asked me if I grew up Anglican because from the altar he could hear me reciting the Apostle's Creed and the Lord's Prayer with great certainty.  I just smiled and told him about my very foundational upbringing!! 
 The band sang until 2:30pm because rains kept people in the church.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment