Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, December 26, 2014

Maid of Honour - A True Blessing

Saturday, December 20, 2014
I was the Maid of Honour for my neighbours - AKA - friends and FAMILY.
It was a truly special day, watching the two wed in church after 17 years of traditional marriage.  God is working in their hearts and lives and I just rejoice.
 Eddie and Rose are preparing to exchange rings
 The ladies sit on one side, the boys on the other... for the bridal party that is... but I had to cross the lines many times because it is the Maid of Honour's role to look after the flower girls and peg boys.
 Eddie was happy to make Rose his true wife!!
 Standing with the other maids/party.
 Dancing at the reception while collecting gifts.
 Singing during the service.
 Preparing with my adorable peg boys!! (Ring Bears)
 At the salon, Ann and Teddy were also preparing for another wedding... these are two of my closest children's ministry colleagues.  :)  So fun. Teddy was also Maid of Honour.
 During the sermon I had to take the kids out and give them a snack of chapatti, pork, and potato wedges. 
 Look at the peg boy.... never seen before in Soroti.
 We had lots of fun parading around Soroti town.
 Eddie and Rose!
 My good friend Sam was the handsome Best Man!!
At the end of the day, the boys had to crash at my house until other party people came home after a very late reception.  I was so proud of my kids and many people were very impressed with how much these boys respected this mzungu.  What people don't know is that I am a super good Aunt to them - through the good and the bad - school meetings, visits to the clinic, playing in the house, and so much more.  I love these boys so much.
A great day for a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment