Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Friday, October 23, 2015

Shelling Gnuts and Lesson Planning

Dropping off a bag of freshly harvested g-nuts, a friend said they were a gift for me.  I was grateful for a huge bag, but also knew it would be a lot of work for me to de-shell and roast.  (G-nuts are Groundnuts here in Uganda, known as Peanuts in the west.)  I was supposed to have a training planning meeting at 10 am, so at 9:45am I sat down on the front steps and started working on this great snack.  My thumb was getting a good workout, removing the nuts from the shell.

Of course, many things do not start on time here, so it was almost 10:30am before the guys showed up.  I was ready to pack up my bag and go inside to plan for the Children's Ministry training that is taking place tomorrow.  Well, these three men saw me hard at work, and asked if they could help.  It made the workload so much lighter and enjoyable!!  We chatted, organized, munched a few, and decreased the pile. 

I'm grateful and I'm looking forward to going to the village with these hard-working saints tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment