Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, April 24, 2016

17 Stories and Sports Day

Monday mornings I share fun Bible stories at a primary school close to home, during the general assembly.  Then later in the morning, four days a week I drive over to another primary school to teach the religious education class and to hang out with teachers.  A third school has me teaching on Wednesday afternoons, and yet another school has requested me to come for guidance in both sports/games as well as mentoring in Bible story telling.
 Here is on of the Primary Three classes that I teach daily.
 When you ask children to colour, they feel the need to copy.  :)
 God created... Sin Separated... God promised hope!
 Noah... the Flood
 Jacob Wrestles with God... 12 Tribes of Israel.
Part of the 17 Stories curriculum has the children learning hand motions to remember each lesson.  At the end of 17 lessons they have a whole story to tell with their hands... of God's Hope - Christ.
 Last Friday was sports day.  The whole school was divided in to four colourful houses - Peace, Patience, Love and Joy.  Here are the kids during opening ceremonies.
 Points were collected all day and parents were watching the events.  It's like Track and Field Day, but with fun games played between the sports.
 I loved watching the little ones race.
 At the Officials Table - scoring their points.
 The Nursery Students had to sort groceries :)
 An intense egg race
 Sack Race
 Monkey Vomit... a leader has to help their partner cross a pond of monkey vomit by only stepping on the paper...
 After they step on the paper, they have to turn around and grab the second paper and place it further down the line... a super fun game.
I tried to get someone to take my photo while I explained to the kids how to be a Human Caterpillar, but they thought I only wanted pictures of kids... oh, even the English language can be a barrier.  :)   
So the only photo of me at sports day is a selfie. 
A race to fill the bottles
Overall, it was a long, tiring, fun, energetic, hot, awesome day. 
 On a completely different note... yesterday, I went to minister with a band called Jericho 7.  We sang and preached at a Secondary school outside of town.  Afterwards, when we were loading the truck with equipment, I started playing games and chatting with a precious little girl.  She has cerebral palsy and many people ignore her and stare at her, but we ended up chatting in a simple way and communicating love through the side mirror.  This little girl stole my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment