Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, July 3, 2016

Happy 40th Birthday to me!

June 27, 2016... Happy 40th Birthday
In Uganda, all day long on your birthday, people call you "Baby" and baptize you with water. 
I was able to get most of the way throughout the day without getting wet... until the cake cutting ceremony at the party.
I decided to throw a big birthday bash and I was blessed by a great crowd of friends, colleagues, neighbours, church friends and more.
 The first of two baptisms
 The food table was a hit
 Standing in line
 Choosing treats that came "40" in number
 Dancing
 Eating
 Playing a game... I wrapped a small gift in layers and layers of newspaper, and then had a fun game of "Musical Unwrapping".  When the music stopped, a participant had to put on a pair of oven mitts and use two forks to rip through the tape and paper.  Super fun!!
 I also had people filling in a personal quiz about me  throughout the night.  40 questions to see how much my friends knew about me.
 I have a feeling many people learned even more things about me when I revealed the answers.
 Peter won!
 Cake cutting ceremony
A birthday letter from a sweet sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment