Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Sunday, February 26, 2017

Back in Class

I have found over the years that one thing I absolutely love doing is teaching.  It's such a joy to be in the classroom, but I don't want to be a full-time teacher in one classroom.  I love various groups, ages, and settings.  I love change.  :)  
On Saturday I had the privilege of going back to Vineyard Christian School to do a one day workshop with my friend Teddy.  We had a time of evaluation on the 17 Stories curriculum and did a recap on the Stories of Hope materials.  This year I will be joining the school every Wednesday to help teach 75 Bible stories there during Religious Education class.
After those materials were handed out, we went into a half-day workshop on Discipline.  It is important for teachers / staff to understand God's view on discipline, and to know that it must be done with patience, love and respect.
I've heard testimonies of some schools where at the beginning of the term, a lorry drives in filled with sticks and dumps them in the corner of the school compound.  Those particular sticks are not for firewood.  They are the caning tools for the teachers.  It breaks my heart.  There are so many other ways to discipline besides using the rod, so we discussed that together as a group and tried to think of new ways to discipline.  And guess what - even forgiveness is a form of discipline.  Who knew!!?
 Group discussion time - searching God's Word together!
 I was excited to see some "17 Stories" as wall decor in the P3 classroom.
 Teacher Teddy
 Who comes up with this stuff?!
 The class was very involved... asking questions and giving great insight.  It's always a pleasure to work with an energetic group of teachers... on their day off.
 Tag-teaching with my super cool friend Tereza!
 In action
 Going over the curriculum
 I hope these teachers put the materials to good use and that children will truly be able to hear and understand the Word of God!
Growing together

1 comment:

  1. In all things!!!
    Our target and focus is to take up the mantle do one thing at a time with the help of God and also do that that we are meant to do when, where and how each day of our lives.
    I love the ministry God has put me in reaching out to the next generations.
    I love doing things with my senior Karebear Lubbers for the Glory of God.

    ReplyDelete