Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Thursday, March 23, 2017

Clothes for a Sister

Last week I went "digging" for some new clothes.  "Digging" is a local slang word for a few of us Westerners who love to look for second hand items amidst the piles of clothes that are sold in street corners or in market places.  Well, I found a few cute items and added them to my closet.
As a general rule of thumb, I try to get rid of a few items whenever I bring "new" ones home.  So, last Friday I gave a few dresses to my friend Hellen.  I told her to take them home with her and give them away in the village, however she felt was necessary.
Hellen came back a few days later with an awesome story!
A neighbour of hers had been sitting on the verandah of her simple mud home.  She was weeping out to God saying "If only I had a sister, maybe she would buy me a new dress.  I have nothing in these times."  Just moments later Hellen came to her house to visit.
Hellen gave her the dresses and the lady started to cry.  She couldn't believe that Hellen would just give her the clothes without any strings attached.  Or without keeping them for herself and tailoring them to a smaller size.  Hellen was happy to be a middle person, blessing a lady who had a real need.
And I'm glad to be a secret sister!!

No comments:

Post a Comment