Donate Here

DONATE HERE: If you wish to send support for God's Work in Uganda, please click here! Every donation is deeply appreciated.



Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Orienting new Candidates to the World of GOM

For the past few months I have been looking forward to going to the Global Outreach Mission office in St. Catharines, ON, and being a part of the orientation process for new candidates.  I wasn't sure if I would have the energy to make it through the whole week, but I thank God for the strength I had there.  This year was a small group of trainees and every one of them was heading to Africa.  Yeah!!
Throughout our week together we had a full schedule of seminars - dealing with Finance, Personel, Development, Transitions, Missionary Kids, Partnership tools, Policy, Awesome Newsletters, Legal stuff, Team work, Member Care, Social Media, Mission software, ministry profiles, and Photography.  We were encouraged to take some RSDI throughout the week as well.  "RSDI" = Rock Solid Digital Image... so here are a few that I want to share with you, to tell my story.
To every tribe, tongue, and Nation... (Amanda's RSDI!)
Presenting Biblical Dramas
 Every day I opened our sessions with a time of devotions and I was able to share God's Word through some dramatic readings.
We stayed at an amazing Retreat B&B!!
The Woman at the Well
"Telling God's Story"
Popcorn is always needed for a good missions movie!

Earning Dodson Dollars... and winning a can of meat at the end of the week.
 I was considered the "Missionary in Residence" so I was able to bring lots of advice, clarity, encouragment, questions, and love from a missionary position.  I pray that my presence there was an inspiration to both the office staff and those going out on the field.
A Concert of Prayer
 Every orientation involves a time of praying for the mission field, His Workers, and just praising God for who HE is, confessing and relieving our burdens, and resting in His presence.
For me... I leave Toronto
And serve in Uganda
 Most of the week is spent stuck in the board room, having discussions and power point lectures or presentations, but at least one night we can escape and see God's majesty around the corner!
A very cold Niagara Falls
"The Works of His hands!"
Another trainee heading back to Uganda!!

The American falls

I love this World 

Sitting in class
One of my biggest roles was to be a proxy for Tina, another candidate who was unable to travel to the office because of pregnancy.  Tina and I communicated through a video conference the whole week and I made sure to voice her questions or comments to the group.  She too is going to be in Uganda... so I'm excited to have some new GOM team-mates on the field.  
Tina in Boston :)

Teamwork... it's hard to build without a plan or communication

God's Word is our constant Lamp
 
All the new candidates left with lots of food for thought!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this was a fun and valuable training experience for missionaries. I pray your test results are just what you want to hear and that you are back in Uganda soon. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete